Looking for some fun Galentine’s Day ideas to make this February 13th a special day for you and your friends? Here are 21 really sweet and special ideas for you!
Valentine’s Day might be the biggest holiday in February, but there’s another really fun way to celebrate this month that focuses on the ladies in your life – Galentine’s Day!
What is Galentine’s Day?
Coined by Leslie Knope in Parks & Rec, Galentine’s Day falls in February 13th and is a day focused on your best friends. It’s all about celebrating female relationships and the women you love.
It’s a really sweet holiday and a really fun way to show a little love to your girlfriends.
As adults (and moms!), it can be so hard to find the time to really focus on your relationship with your friends and really spend quality time together. So, why not spend a little extra time this month showing your friends some love?
How to Plan a Galentine’s Day Party
Of course, the most traditional way to celebrate Galentine’s Day is with a gathering! Leslie Knope and her friends always meet for breakfast, but any gathering where you’re taking the time to focus on your besties totally counts.
It doesn’t have to be big or elaborate (though, of course, it can be!). All you need is to block off a few hours, let your friends know to save the date, and gather some delicious food.
And, If your friends are anything like mine, that’s literally all you need for an awesome night together!
Of course, it can be fun to make things a little more elaborate. I love a good themed party, and it’s always fun to have a good activity or two planned. That’s why I rounded up 21 ideas for how to celebrate Galentine’s Day with your friends this year. They’re all relatively simple, but some require a little more effort than others.
I tried to include ideas for in-person gatherings as well as ideas for if your friends are a little further away (or your schedules are just too busy) and it’s hard to get together.
Let’s do it!
Galentine’s Day Ideas
- Drop off a goodie basket for each of them with a favorite candy, a good book, and a face mask!
- Host a rom-com night – watch a marathon of your favorite cheesy romantic comedies.
- Have a “make your own cocktail” night. Have each person bring a cocktail recipe they’re wanting to try, and you can all play mixologist and enjoy your drinks with some tasty snacks.
- Head out to a local winery for a tasting. Or, grab a few bottles and have your own at-home tasting!
- Have a game night. We played Rabble at my last girls’ night and it was so much fun!
- Have an old-fashioned slumber party. If you can book a hotel for it, even better!
- Write each of your besties a letter telling them what you love about them.
- Go for a walk or a run with one of your friends.
- If it’s hard to get everyone together, a Zoom happy hour is the perfect solution! Tell your friends to block off an hour or two, pour a glass of wine, and catch up!
- Send cookies, flowers, or even lunch to their doorstep!
- Drop off their favorite drink (I frequently drop a Sonic half and half tea on my best friend’s porch!)
- Plan a craft night together. Buy some paint by number kits – or any other craft! – and get creative together!
- Send some virtual love by sharing a treat via the Chick-Fil-A app, or your favorite fast food app!
- Host a book exchange, where everyone can bring books they’ve finished and you can all swap favorites.
- Make an old-fashioned scrapbook and send it to your best friend.
- Buy a pack of Valentine’s just like your kids do! Who says the fun has to stop when you’re done with elementary school? Pop them in the mail and your friends will be delighted to find a Valentine waiting for them.
- Have a clothing swap where everyone can bring things they’re no longer wearing and trade around!
- Host a cook-off! Pick a few dishes that multiple friends boast about and have them each cook their version so you can decide who does it best!
- Have a favorite things party. These are popular around Christmas, but this is the perfect time too! Have everyone bring multiple of a favorite thing they love (be sure to give a budget for it!) and have them wrap it. Everyone gets one of each person’s favorite thing and you all get to discover some great new products.
- No time for a big gathering? Pick a day where you all have several errands to run and do them all together. Bonus points if you can grab lunch in-between stops!
- Start planning that girls’ trip. Been wanting to get away with your friends for forever? Commit to making this the year and gather together on the 13th to begin making official plans!
No matter what you do, it’s worth it to take some time to celebrate with your friends any time of year. And, of course, I’d love to hear any Galentine’s Day ideas you have for how to celebrate, too!