Need a quick and easy lunch idea? This skinny buffalo chicken dip is a perfect lunch or snack. It’s full of protein and a great lower-calorie option that’s sure to make your lunches feel more exciting.
Buffalo chicken dip is my favorite lunch, snack, appetizer, party food…all of it. I’m not even a big fan of chicken wings, but there’s just something about buffalo chicken dip that makes my heart happy. The only problem? It’s not particularly healthy. I love making a batch to have on hand for lunches throughout the week, but it’s not a great choice to eat day in and day out. So, I decided to make myself a skinny buffalo chicken dip!
And you know what? It’s just as good.
This version is slightly less creamy than the real deal, but the flavor is the same and it’s a fantastic healthy-ish lunch to have on hand for days when you just want something quick and delicious!
I got a lot of questions about how I make it when I shared it on Instagram recently, so today I’m sharing my really quick and easy recipe for skinny buffalo chicken dip. It only takes about 10 minutes to throw it together and another 20 minutes to bake. Then, you can save the leftovers and re-heat them all week long for an easy and filling lunch.
Or a midnight snack. I’m not judging.
What’s in skinny buffalo chicken dip?
All you need to have on hand for your skinny buffalo chicken dip is the following:
- Shredded chicken breast (I like to buy it pre-cooked to save time)
- Light cream cheese (just half a block)
- Greek yogurt
- Buffalo wing sauce
- Ranch dip mix (just the seasoning powder, don’t actually mix ranch)
- Cheddar cheese
If you want to make the full-fat version, swap the light cream cheese and greek yogurt for one full block of full-fat cream cheese. This is how I make it when I’m taking it to a party or serving guests at our house, but the lighter version is a better option for me on a day-to-day basis because I can eat a lot of this stuff!
For the buffalo wing sauce, I usually just use Frank’s Red Hot, but you can use any wing sauce you like. I’ll give specific measurements below in the official recipe, but when I’m making it at home I don’t measure anything. Just toss a little bit of this and a little bit of that in until the ratio looks good. I promise, it’s almost impossible to mess this recipe up!
What do you eat with skinny buffalo chicken dip?
When I’m making a batch of skinny buffalo chicken dip to have for lunches, my favorite thing to pair with it is some gluten-free crackers. There’s something about these specific crackers that pair perfectly with the dip. The crunch is just right, the flavor is mild enough to not distract from the dip, and it’s really the perfect combo.
If you don’t have those on hand, any old crackers will do. You can also eat it with bread or tortilla chips, but remember we’re trying to keep things healthy-ish. Plus, the texture crackers add is really just a fantastic combination and I don’t love eating it with anything else!
And, of course, if you want to take things even healthier, you could pair it with some celery or even carrot sticks! Honestly, anything you want to dip this stuff in is fine because its’ just an excuse to get more buffalo dip in your mouth.
I mean, I wouldn’t judge you if you just ate it with a spoon.
Skinny buffalo chicken dip recipe
Here’s the recipe for my buffalo chicken dip!
- - 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- - 4 oz light cream cheese (or Neufchatel), softened
- - 4 oz plain, unflavored Greek yogurt
- - 1 oz packet of Ranch dip mix
- - 1 cup Frank's Red Hot or other buffalo wing sauce
- - 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl (or using a stand mixer), mix shredded chicken, cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and Ranch dip mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add buffalo wing sauce and stir to combine. Add more buffalo wing sauce if dip appears too thick.
- Add half of the cream cheese to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread dip into a greased 9x9 container. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and the top is slightly bubbly.
- Serve with crackers (or chips, or celery, or ANYTHING!)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 193Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 1113mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g