Looking for some fun questions to ask your partner? Here’s a huge list of conversation starters, deep and silly questions, and ideas for questions you can ask your significant other on your next date night.
Whether you’ve been with your partner for a long time or you’re just starting a new relationship, sometimes it can be hard to come up with conversation topics. My husband and I both work from home and have known each other since we were basically children – we’ve covered all the topics! So, sometimes I find myself looking for new things to ask and new ways we can get to know each other.
When I shared my post on “This or That” questions to ask kids, I heard from many of you that you did it with your partner! So, I figured we needed a separate post with ideas for questions to ask your significant other. If you can’t remember the last time you spent some time actively getting to know more about your partner, this is the post for you!
I’ve gathered up 100 questions for you to ask the next time there’s a lull in the conversation.
How to Use These Questions
You can really use these any way you want, but I recommend bookmarking this page and asking just a few at a time! These are fun and flirty questions that would be perfect to pull out on a date night or when you’re taking a long drive.
Here are a few other ideas for how to use these questions:
- Print them out and ask a couple before bed each night.
- Randomly call your partner and ask a question.
- Ask a few of these questions over dinner.
- Keep them in the car to ask when you’re traveling together.
- Send a text asking one of the funny questions.
- Ask a few over a glass of wine on the back porch.
You get the idea! Asking a few of these little questions throughout the day when you have some pockets of alone time can help you connect and get to know each other a little better. It’s a super simple (and free!) way to take a moment to show your significant other that they’re important to you.
Of course, all of these questions are also great for people other than your partner! Use them for your kids, your families, or your best friend. They could make great dinner conversation at your next gathering, and I’m sure it would be so great to hear what your parents’ answers to these would be. Have fun with it!
100 Fun Questions to Ask Your Partner
Funny Questions to Ask Your Partner
- What song do you sing along with loudest when you’re alone in the car?
- What’s a small or silly accomplishment that you’re really proud of?
- What do you think is the dumbest thing you’ve ever done?
- What’s the worst date you’ve ever been on?
- What’s the funniest joke you’ve ever heard?
- What’s the best prank you’ve ever pulled off?
- What do you think is your weirdest habit or weirdest thing about you?
- If you had to go get a tattoo tomorrow, what would you choose?
- What is the most embarrassing moment you can remember?
- What random thing grosses you out more than it should?
- What’s the last thing that happened that made you laugh until you cried?
- What is one of the funniest things you misunderstood as a kid?
- What is the strangest gift you’ve ever received?
- What is the most wild piece of gossip you’ve ever heard?
- If you had to choose a conspiracy theory to believe, which would it be?
Questions About Their Childhood
- What’s your most embarrassing fashion moment from your youth?
- What’s one of your very favorite childhood memories?
- What was your favorite toy when you were a kid?
- Who was your favorite teacher and why?
- What was your favorite family tradition?
- Have you ever wished for more (or fewer?) siblings?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- Is there a specific pet you’ve ever wanted but didn’t have?
- Who was your celebrity crush as as child?
- Tell me about your first crush.
- Tell me about your first kiss.
- What was your favorite subject in school? Do you still like it?
- What was your favorite movie when you were a kid?
- What’s the craziest thing you did when you were a teenager?
- What was your favorite book as a child?
- If you could go back to one age, what would you choose?
Deep Questions to Ask Your Significant Other
- If money didn’t matter at all, what would you do with your days?
- What are three things on your bucket list?
- Would you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert? Have you always been that way?
- Who do you look up to as a role model?
- Who do you think has had the biggest impact on your life?
- What is the most daring thing you’ve ever done?
- What do you like most about yourself?
- What is your favorite place to be?
- Describe what you would love for your life to look like five years from now.
- What is your proudest moment to date?
- What traits of your mother and father do you see in yourself?
Fun Relationship Questions
- What do you think is the best thing about our relationship?
- What’s something we’ve never done together that you’d like to try?
- What is your first memory of me?
- What’s your absolute favorite date night activity?
- What is your favorite memory we’ve experienced together?
- What is your definition of romance?
- What makes you feel the most loved?
- How well do you think you can read others’ emotions?
Random Questions to Ask Your Partner
- How would you spend one million dollars?
- Who is the most famous person you’ve ever met, and what was that experience like?
- If someone handed you $10,000 right now, what would you do first?
- If you could learn how to make one thing perfectly, what would it be?
- Do you be believe in aliens or ghosts?
- What actor or actress would play you in the movie of your life?
- What do you think about astrology and horoscopes?
- If you could hire someone to take one household task off your plate, what would it be?
- What were your deal breakers when you were dating?
- What annoying chore do you not actually mind doing?
- Have you ever won a giveaway or contest?
- Have you ever stolen anything before?
- What is something that immediately puts you in a bad mood?
- If you could travel to space for free, would you go? Why or why not?
- What is one new invention that you think will be totally common in 30 years?
- What’s one current thing that you think will be dated in 30 years?
- What is a historical event you wish you could have been present for?
- If you had to move to another country, which one would you choose?
- You get to relive one decade from history. What are you choosing and why?
- What is a talent you’ve always wished you had?
- What is one thing you thought you’d hate but you actually ended up liking?
- What is something that you think is vastly overrated?
- Have you ever been caught in a lie?
- What’s the scariest movie you’ve ever seen?
- Tell me about the worst job you’ve ever had.
- What is one hobby you’d like to take on?
- What is one thing that can always pull you out of a bad mood?
Question About Their Favorites
- What is your favorite part of being an adult?
- What is your least favorite part of being an adult?
- Tell me about the best vacation you’ve ever taken.
- What is your favorite smell?
- What is your favorite song?
- Describe your dream vacation.
- What would your perfect home look like?
- What ten things would you bring with you to a desert island?
- What movie could you watch over and over without getting tired of it?
- If you could invite 5 characters from a TV show or movie to dinner, who would you pick?
- If you could choose one superpower, what would it be?
- If you could have dinner with 3 real life people, living or dead, who would you choose?
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
- If you could only eat one meal for dinner for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you could only eat at one restaurant for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
- If you had to pick one favorite tv show of all time, what would it be?
- What magazine would you love to be on the cover of?
- What is your go-to dance move?
- What game show would you like to be on?
- If you could own the world’s largest collection of anything, what would you choose?
- What would you do with one week to do ANYTHING, all expenses paid?
- What fictional character do you think you could be best friends with?
- What would you consider your guilty pleasure?
BONUS: Questions for New Relationships
Just getting to know a boyfriend or girlfriend? Here are a few questions that might help you get to know them and their past better, and build a little intimacy. These are a little bit more serious questions, but they’re important as you’re building a new relationship!
- Why did your last relationship end?
- What is the best first date you’ve ever been on?
- What is your dream job?
- Tell me about your most cherished friendship.
- How do you like to express affection?
- What is one mistake you’ve made in a past relationship that you don’t want to repeat?
- How long was your longest long term relationship?
And there you have it. More than 100 great questions to ask your partner or significant other the next time you need a conversation starter. I can’t wait to hear how it goes for you!